Idaho EPSCoR was inspired to establish this program because of the enormous respect and affection that it has for University Distinguished Professor Jean'ne M. Shreeve and its admiration for her imaginative leadership of EPSCoR in Idaho for more than 20 years. In keeping with the spirit of this Award, it is hoped that the recipients will continue their service to the State of Idaho at their academic institutions of employment.
The nominee must:
- Hold the rank of tenured associate professor or tenured full professor at the University of Idaho, Boise State University, Idaho State University or other eligible institution at the time the award is made
- Have a research career that was clearly advanced by NSF EPSCoR
- Have an outstanding publication record as author or coauthor in refereed international journals
- Be engaged in ongoing externally supported competitive research program(s) which involves students and/or postdoctoral coworkers
- Not be a recipient of NSF EPSCoR funding at the time of the award
The award includes a plaque and $5,000 to be awarded at the annual meeting of the Idaho EPSCoR Committee or other appropriate event. No more than one award may be made each year.